Monday, March 22, 2010
How to Find Wonderful Ghost Stories
1. Sign up for a paranormal meeting on meetup.com. You'll meet new people and if you sit and listen everyone has some kind of ghost story. Many of the people at these meetings are there because they've had an encounter of a ghostly nature they would like to share.
2. Go to haunted location and ask questions. If you go to a haunted location and ask nicely in a quiet area, most people love to share their ghost stories. You may even get more than you bargained for. Many of my favorite stories have come from people who heard me asking questions and have pulled me aside to tell me a story they've never told anyone. These stories can be the best stories. While investigating the ghosts of Space Camp, three employees told me unrelated stories that were little treasures.
3. Be friendly and open. People love to talk and, if you are willing to listen, there are always new stories waiting to be discovered.
4. Travel. The further you go, the more stories you'll find.
5. Read. Amazon.com is filled with books on ghost stories. Many of these books are self published and they are interesting and worth reading.
6. Browse the internet. The internet is filled with good stories, great bloggers, and interesting paranormal sites.
7. Go on ghost walks and talk to the people who run the ghost walks. One of the best interviews I had was with Jacque Reeves who runs the local Huntsville ghost walk. She was happy to tell me many ghost stories.