Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Top Ten Best Ghost/Haunting Movies

I did a lot of research before I came up with this list.  I read many other lists of the top ten best ghost movies and reviewed my favorites and their merits.  I have to say that one thing I learned reviewing so  many of these lists is that these lists are all very different and because of that I admit that this is my subjective judgment on the matter.  The top five on my list are movies that were present on almost every list I reviewed.

10.   The House on Haunted Hill 
  
         
9.   Poltergeist
    

                                              
8.  The Ring 


                                            
7.  Ghostbusters  


                                             

6.   The Grudge     

                                            
5.  The Orphanage   

                                           


4.  Beetlejuice      

                                          
3.   The Others    

                                         
2.  The Shinning


1. The Haunting (1963)


                                   

8 comments:

Above the Norm said...

Good list...I love Beetlejuice, just don't say it three times!

Autumnforest said...

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

Nice list. Jeez, I hadn't thought of top 10, I usually think of top 3. I'll make a go for my own list:
10. Ghostbusters
9. The Orphanage
8. Castle of Blood
7. The Ring
6. Sixth Sense
5. Poltergeist
4. Dead Silence
3. The Legend of Hell House
2. The Changeling
1. The Haunting (1963)--jeez, not the Catherine Zeta Jones one--hee hee

Jessica Penot said...

Great list too! I really need to see Dead Silence. If you rate it number 4 it has to be worth seeing. I'll put it on my netflix list.

Pam Morris said...

thanks guys...there's a few I haven't seen so I'll be putting them on my list as well

Snake Eyes said...

Interesting list, I'm suprised you didn't mention the Exorcist which is based off real events

Anonymous said...

Where is American Hauting?

Your list is similar to my list!

d-thinker.com

Jessica Penot said...

Snake Eyes, The Exorcist is obviously the best horror movie ever made, but it was a demonic possession story and I tried to limit myself to true ghost/haunting by formerly dead movies. You are right, however, the Exorcist is always #1 in any general horror movie top ten list!

Courtney Mroch said...

Lists ARE all different aren't they? This was fun to see yours. It's a neat insight into your personality and likes!