Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Green Orbs and the Meaning of Colors in Orbs

During my fascinating ghost hunting trip in Tennessee,  I had a conversation with Steve from Southern Ghosts (http://www.ghosteyes.com/)   about the colors of orbs.  At that time, he told me to run away if I saw a green orb because they were often associated with evil.  Of course,  he could have been just pulling my leg.   I was the new girl and who doesn't want to see if you can't play a little joke on the new girl, but I believed him. Whether he was pulling my leg or not, the entire conversation got me thinking about green orbs and whether orb colors have meanings. It did take me two months to research this, but here is what I found out about green orbs.

First of all,  many people assert that orbs are standardly photographic error and can not be considered of supernatural origin at all.  Others still insist, however, that orbs are an indication of the supernatural once photographic error has been ruled out.   They insist that orbs are a way that ghosts manifest themselves.  Assuming the later is true,  we have to wonder why some orbs have different colors.   According to www.moonspenders.com , orb colors have significant meanings and  the observer can learn much about the nature of the haunting from orbs that deviate from the standard white color. These orbs are rare, but very significant.  According to them, a green colored orb signals a friendly and communicative spirit.  Coast Ghosts at http://www.coastghosts.com/ , agrees with this theory and says that green indicates healing.  

Michelle Meyers of  Ghost Hunting Secrets (http://www.ghosthuntngsecrets/) presents two theories on the colors of orbs.  Theory one states that coloration in orbs is due to chromatic distortion and is simply due to our perception of light.  Theory two states that the color of orbs is significant and can be used to interpret the energy of the ghost.   Again, Meyers refers to a sight that interprets the meaning of green orbs as healing spirits.   In fact,  almost every site I visited that discussed the meaning of orb colors agreed that green was a positive color to see in an orb and red or black was more representational of negative and hostile energy.     So what I learned from my research is, if the orb is red or black run away and if the orb is green, stay and play.  The most common list of orb color meaning is below.  I found this list at http://www.moonspenders.com/.

20 comments:

Autumnforest said...

That's an interesting chart. It's very much like the colors for aura photography readings.

sister midnite said...

I agree - my first thought was 'this is just like auras'!

Jessica Penot said...

You are both right! This chart was derived from the aura chart.

Mr. Macabre said...

Is photography the only way to 'see' an orb?

Ken Summers said...

Yes it was! It started with a conversation several years ago, I believe on Ghostvillage, back when orbs were new and intriguing. After comparing some of the legends with the colors captured at the places, I created a chart that combined orb colors and aura colors into one (that was actually the second revision of the chart). It would've been impossibly long to put every color on it so I limited it to a few. Of course, it caught on like mad... the chart has been posted all over since it started out about 8 years ago. I never expected it to get around this much... and given the orb controversy and widespread shift in view that photo orbs are not a paranormal occurrence it's been picked at a bit in the past few years. The "orb" that started the whole thing was actually a blue ball of light I saw with my own eyes at a location.

Brenda Hooser said...

Interesting concept. As Autumnforest and sister midnite said; very similar to auric colors. Thanks for the chart!

Jessica Penot said...

Thanks Ken,,, I feel honored to have an expert comment here. I really appreciate you adding the origin of this orb theory to the post.

The Wolf said...

I never knew before what the different colors represented. I see orbs all the time, not on pics but with my own eyes in real time and in places where other light sources can be explained. Most of the ones I've seen are white or green. But in the last year or so I've seen almost all black ones

Jessica Penot said...

Wolf...if this list is correct,, those black ones might be a concern.

Gabriel Alexander said...

What about transparent orbs?

lestismitethee said...

Thank you so much for posting this.

Reading this is probably the first big break I've had surrounding the mystery of colored orbs, specifically a green orb that has followed me to several different locations around the country for the past couple years. I see it almost every day, sometimes multiple times a day, always with the naked eye and mostly at night when there is no possible way for me to see such a vivid color. I'm not making this up.

I really want to talk to someone about this because I'm not sure how this green orb came to follow me or why it's here. I hope you or someone with experience responds because I really want to get to the bottom of this. Can you please email me at lestismitethee@gmail.com?

Anonymous said...

I to have seen orbs. About six years ago I saw a green one always in the same location. I havent seen one since until this week when I was in my attic. Every time ive seen them theyve always been green and it feels like im being touched. My body temperature also changes rapidly on these occasions. Any theories? Email is seaphor86@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I had to look up this green orb since i have recently experienced one in my 1923 home. As my father has recently finished up his cancer treatment it feels comforting to know it signifies healing. We wont know for sure until we get through these next six months, but as there is only a 15% cure rate I am hopeful and will take all the help we can get.

Anonymous said...

I and my friend sitting in my home on my couch saw one 10 feet away bouncing back and forth 3xs and going out the ceiling with both of r own eyes

Anonymous said...

I woke up last night to watch a green circular object float infront of me, startled i woke my wife up to see if she saw it she did not, I had to learn more about this and stumbled across this site. Great posts.

Anonymous said...

So, now, after looking at the aura chart, I am a little uneased... My 9 year old daughter has been seeing a black orb. This has happened quite a few times.

Jose Prado said...

The problem with white is that like Green it could be good or bad. Empathy is a stronger indicator of what an energy could be.

Anonymous said...

Hi, everything is going perfectly here and ofcourse
every one is sharing facts, that's in fact excellent, keep up writing.

my web blog www.pengchat.com

Anonymous said...

This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.

Kudos!

my webpage - workouts to increase vertical leap

Anonymous said...

In the last two years I have seen a green orb a lot. In my old place it would always appear in the same spot. I had moved and have seen it a couple of times at my new place. I have never mentioned any of this stuff to my kids, cause they would freak out. One day they were making their own videos with my sons nintendo 3ds. They have fun playing back their videos and laughing at themselves. They freaked out when they were watching one where they had slid down the stairs and left the 3ds recording at the top of the stairs. This little white orb looking thing comes out of nowhere, zips around very quickly, then shoots around the corner which is where my kids had gone. No other videos have this. Let me tell you this is the creepiest thing to watch only because it happened in my house. If an actual ghost hunter could be of any help please contact me. My email is chelcarr@gmail.com