Tuesday, December 7, 2010
My Haunted New York Wish List
1. The Algonquin Hotel: The Algonquin Hotel was once home to the vicious circle of writers that once included some of the most famous writers of the time. Some say that the ghosts of these writers still haunt this old hotel. The linger in corners and behind shadows.
2. "The House of Death". How could I not want to visit a haunted location with such an ominous name. This house is believed to be haunted by 22 people including the Mark Twain. I love Mark Twain and would go to New York just to see his ghost.
3. The Empire States Building: Many depressed people have taken the elevator to the top of this famous building just to jump to their deaths. Their ghosts are said to haunt the building to this day.
4. Manhattan Bistro: This SoHo bistro is said to be haunted by a young woman who was murdered in the building in 1799. She haunts this restaurant knocking ashtrays off of tables, breaking plates, and causing other havoc.
5. The Chelsea: I am a Sex Pistols fan so this location has to be on my list. It is room 100 at The Chelsea that the notorious Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols killed his girl friend Nancy. Her ghost is said to remain at the Chelsea to this day. The Ghost of Sid Vicious himself is said to haunt the elevator.
6. Bridge Cafe: This bar that is said to be the oldest in New York dates back to 1794. Ghosts of the pirates that used to frequent this establishment have been sited at the cafe.
Those are my top six. Hopefully, I'll get the time to see all of these haunted locations, but if I miss a few, I'll enjoy the ones I do see. I might go to the Chelsea first. I've always wanted to meet Sid Vicious.