Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Death's Dream Kingdom Book Trailer.

I have the day off today and I am an absolute master in the art of procrastination.  I have a deadline next month and two chapters of Haunted Chattanooga left to write.  I have another book due to my publisher and a trip next week to plan, so I spent my day working on a book trailer for Death's Dream Kingdom, which will be coming out in ebook format in May and print in November.   I'm actually going to pay someone to do a real trailer, so I'm not entirely sure why I wasted my morning doing this.  I guess I just love doing something I shouldn't.  So here is the trailer I made for my book which will have a limited ebook release in May!  Let me know if you like it.  I have no skill at these things so feedback will be used and appreciated.



 
 

9 comments:

Adsila said...

I thought you did a good job with the book trailer. I am not sure if I could have done this... fabulous, Jessica.

Jessica Penot said...

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

PaleMother said...

Well done, J. Very cool. I'm excited about the book for you.

The Frog Queen said...

Very well done! Wow, I am super impressed and really looking forward to your book!

Cool!

Cheers!

Brenda said...

I think it looks great! As does your blog; I am far behind and wish I could say I'd been procreating. Happy you had a day to play :)

Jessica Penot said...

Brenda.... Thanks! I shouldn't have had a day to play,, but I took it in any case. I think everyone should have at least one day to play.

Bear said...

Nice! But for some reason I had an image of the book resting in rocking chair just moving so you dont know if someone has just put it down or the chair is occupied! for the last few seconds. Great effort though mate! Well done!..Cheers!

Courtney Mroch said...

WOW! I love your images and the way they fell everywhere. So what is this book about??? How exciting! Congrats! (And job well done. Loved all the tarot cards. NEAT!)

Jessica Penot said...

Bear... That is a sad image of the lonely book, but I love the rocking chair moving by itself. It reminds me of an old ghost story from a local cemetery. Thanks

Courtney... Thanks. I will post the synopsis soon. It is about a woman who dies and is trapped in a shadow world between life and death. She has to face old gods, demons, and strange monsters to heal a rift that has formed between the land of the living and the land of the dead. In order to do this, she has to go on a quest that will take her to the underworld, hell, and into the arms of an ancient, demon lover. Her tarot cards are read at the beginning of the book and the story follows her reading from death to destruction. I tried to capture that in the trailer. I don't know how I did, but I hope its ok.