Wednesday, October 5, 2011
What Kind of Haunting Do You Have?
1. Classic Haunting: A classic haunting is the most commonly described haunting. This is the lingering ghost that seems to cling to a location. This type of ghost can also be attached to an object. It is the attachment of the deceased that lingers and keeps them bound to this realm of existence. It is the ghost in the haunted house that is usually harmless, but sometimes a little creepy.
2. Angry Ghost Haunting: Many believe that when someone dies in a situation that results in intense anger, fear, or hurt that emotion binds the ghost to the realm of the living. This angry ghost often permeates an entire location with a negative feeling. People often describe places with this type of ghost as having a bad feeling or feeling wrong.
3. Denial Ghost Haunting: This is a haunting that is caused by a ghost that doesn't want to admit they are dead. They go through the motions of life and refuse to let go.
4. Poltergeist: This haunting is associated with moving objects and things vanishing. Although this type of haunting seems like a ghost at first, it is usually caused by a person who is going through incredible angst. This person may have psychic powers that they are unaware of and can cause mayhem without knowing they are doing it.
5. Demons: These are malevolent spirits that attack the living. They are not ghosts and were never human and seem to be out to hurt people. The classic Haunting on Larabee Street may have fallen into this class as the house was new and couldn't have been the residence of the deceased.
This is my very reductionistic classification system and I know that there may be other systems, but for a quick way to get a sense of what you are dealing with, I think this may be helpful.