Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Halloween Party!

Every Halloween we have a Halloween party. It is my favorite part of Halloween. This year I dressed as Mary Kelly, Jack the Ripper's final victim. Mary Kelly's ghost is still said to haunt the streets of London in White Chapel to this day and I thought that being a famous ghost would be perfect for my Halloween Soiree. My husband was Jack the Ripper. Other ghosts and ghouls came and made the party. I was shocked to learn that 50% of the people at my party didn't know who Jack the Ripper was and whenever I said I was Mary Kelly they thought I was the lady who wrote Frankenstein. It was still a good time and I got to tell Mary Kelly's story many times so that made it even more fun! It became more fun the drunker I got.






4 comments:

Pam Morris said...

costumes look great! sounds like a fun time as well.

Jessica Penot said...

Thanks! We love dressing up :)

Jeffery said...

Looks like great fun! Sad how people remember the serial killers and forget the victims though ay! But that's the Cult of Celebrity for you.
You and Hubby look brill!
Cheers!

Jessica Penot said...

I know and the victims are the ones we should be remembering! Thanks!