Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Get a Free Copy of My New Book!!!


My new middle grade book, The Monster Hunter's Manual, is now available.   It is a children's book set in the haunted castle, Chateau Larcher in France!  For the next two days, I will send free copies of this new book to the first 5 commenters below who agree to review the book on Amazon or Goodreads! 


The Monster Hunter's Manual is the story of Gabriel.  Gabriel is a boy who has just lost everything.  His parents have died and he's forced to move to a strange county, France, to find a new home.  He dislikes his crazy aunt, who he has to live with, he doesn't want to learn French, and to make matters worse, the only real family he has left is his whinny, baby brother.  Despite all this, as soon as Gabriel enters his aunt's ancient castle, he realizes that all these disasters might be the beginning of a grand adventure.  In the castle of Chateau Larcher, the walls groan and the attic talks.  Shadows take on strange shapes and Gabriel becomes convinced the castle is haunted.  But the ghosts in Chateau Larcher aren't what Gabriel expects and he soon learns that skeletons aren't always scary and ghosts can tell the most interesting stories.  Even Aunt Perrine can end up being the most powerful monster hunter in the world.

BUY NOW AT AMAZON!!! 
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunters-Manual-Jessica-Penot/dp/178099933X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401887270&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Monster+Hunter%27s+Manual

13 comments:

Jeanne said...

The book sounds just like what a young reader would enjoy! Especially those who enjoy spooks and monsters! :0)
I would be happy to review the book! I have found myself reading a lot of young reader books lately. With 8 grandkids, I am always on the look-out for books for them and I like to read those books before I pass them on to the Grands! I've discovered a lot of good authors and good stories this way. :0)

L. Shepherd said...

I have a couple of middle graders who would be interested, and I can leave a review on Amazon about it.

Denise Z said...

This sounds like fun and we definitely need some fun reads for the young readers out there. Would love to R&R if you would like me to. I have to admit I miss my son being this age and getting to read his great finds LOL Just let me know :)
dz59001[at]gmail[dot]com

Grampy said...

I would LOVE to read "Monster Hunter's Manual"! I don't have 8 grandkids like lucky Jeanne, above, but I have 1, plus 3 Godsons, and I love 'em all. I also enjoy reading middle grade books just for my own enjoyment, because they are generally well written, but without all the s-e-x and profanity found in too many "adult" books. Thank you for your generous offer,

Grampy Lee

Grampy said...

I would LOVE to read "Monster Hunter's Manual"! I don't have 8 grandkids like lucky Jeanne, above, but I have 1, plus 3 Godsons, and I love 'em all. I also enjoy reading middle grade books just for my own enjoyment, because they are generally well written, but without all the s-e-x and profanity found in too many "adult" books. Thank you for your generous offer,

Grampy Lee

Grampy said...

P.S.- I will definitely commit to posting reviews on Amazon and GoodReads, and anywhere else I can think of.

Grampy Lee

Jennifer Oberth said...

This sounds right up MY alley. I love haunted castles and ghosts and scary adventures but - despite my being an adult - I can't read the horror genre.

Also, like the poster above, I will read books before giving them to my nieces. (My nieces are a bit young at the moment but I'd love to read this book and then hang onto it for them.) If you choose me, I'll post a review on Amazon And Goodreads.
Thank you,
Jennifer

Dean K Miller said...

I'd be happy to read and review! Let me know. Thanks.

Dean K Miller said...

I'd be happy to read and review! Let me know. Thanks.

Faith Espy said...

I would love to read ur book I am a huge fan of ur blog

Faith Espy said...

I would love to read ur book I am a huge fan of ur blog and three children so would be read a lot

Jessica Penot said...

Hi! I will be contacting you all shortly to gather your information so I can send you the books. Stay tuned. Thanks for your comments.

Jessica Penot said...

Hi Again, I hope you all get this. I couldn't find some of your contact information via blogger. Please email me with your information so I can send you your books! jessica.penot@gmail.com